CRPA has been hosting and sponsoring recreational and competitive matches for decades across all of California. These events provide a forum to teach members and the public about firearms, gun law politics, and how they can have fun and get more engaged in the shooting sports. Currently the most common of matches CRPA sponsors are several rifle silhouette state championships. Competitive shooting has been described as the one sport where the objective is to remain as still as possible. It’s also said that shooting is mostly a mental game. It is one of the few sports where women and juniors compete with men on a truly equal basis. As women shooters becoming more engaged in the sport are on the rise, they help bred competition for the shooting sports. CRPA celebrates the increase of competitors each year getting out to shoot and compete and look forward to providing more opportunities and programs for competitors.
Some of the sponsored shooting competitions by CRPA include but are not limited to:
- High Power
- Black Powder Cartridge Rifle
- Smallbore Cowboy Lever Action Rifle
- Pistol Cartridge Cowboy Lever Action Rifle
- Rifle Cowboy Lever Action Rifle
Clubs wishing to host a state championship in any silhouette discipline, please contact us at at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRPA is not only dedicated to the current second amendment community present, but future generations to pass on the shooting sports heritage. CRPA has a goal of supports youth shooting matches and competitions for the following groups.
- JROTC http://thecmp.org/air/jrotc-air-rifle-national-championship/
- National 4-H Shooting Sports http://www.4-hshootingsports.org/
- CYSSA http://shootcyssa.com/
- NSSP http://www.thenssp.org/
- NSSF https://www.nssf.org/
- SSSF https://sssfonline.org/
- SCTP https://sssfonline.org/
- BSA https://www.scouting.org/outdoor-programs/shooting-sports/
CYSSA 2018 Trap Calendar 2018 Trap Calendar
1st SERIES EVENT: March 10th, 2018
2nd SERIES EVENT: March 24th, 2018
3rd SERIES EVENT: April 7th, 2018
4th SERIES EVENT: April 21st, 2018
5th SERIES EVENT: May 5th, 2018
6th SERIES EVENT: May 19th, 2018
JR STATES EVENT: June 2nd-3rd, 2018
SR STATES EVENT: June 16-17th, 2018
(Each team please donate 1 flat of shells for raffle at States)
ALL LOCATIONS TBD
8:30am Coaches Meeting
9am Competition starts
For more information contact Stanley Chan at email@example.com.