33951 San Francisquito Canyon Rd
Santa Clarita, CA 91390
CARBINE II — URBAN RIFLE in CLOSE QUARTER BATTLE
Sixteen-Hour Tactical Course
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
“A Place to Shoot”
33951 San Francisquito Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91390
Objective: To enhance students’ ability to operate their carbine/tactical rifle against threats at close to intermediate distances. Participants will learn new shooting and manipulation techniques and engage in challenging, self-defense training scenarios involving movement, negotiating terrain features, working with a partner, and fighting inside of structures.
Instructors: Police Sergeant Brian Fitzpatrick (Ret.) — California P.O.S.T. certified patrol rifle instructor — wrote the formal proposal resulting in his agency’s adoption of the AR-15 platform as their department’s patrol rifle. Brian subsequently served as an instructor during an agency wide transition to the Colt Commando M-4 carbine/patrol rifle. We guarantee low student/instructor ratios (4-to-1) to insure safety, quality training and individual attention.
Topics Covered Include:
- Firearms Safety Rules — on and off the range
- Rifle marksmanship fundamentals (review)
- Transitioning to handgun (review)
- Fighting with a rifle at close to intermediate distances
- Deploying your carbine from ready/storage conditions (vehicle, home, gun-safe)
- Fighting from cover drills incorporating various shooting positions
- Movement — turns to contact, shoot/reload on the move, tactical decision making
- Active movement while negotiating terrain features
- Intensive sling techniques
- Team movements within a tactical environment
- Basic room clearing techniques and simulated combat scenarios
- Prerequisite: Carbine l, an equivalent course, or current military/police rifle training
Ammunition: 500 rounds of rifle ammunition, 200 rounds of pistol ammunition
Tuition: $500.00. “A Place to Shoot” also charges a $15.00 daily fee per shooter at check-in station (cash or check only).