Friday: 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Saturday: 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Sunday: 9:00AM to 3:00PM
The next Big Reno Show is February 22-24, 2019 at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center in Reno, Nevada. The Show is a must-see for Wild West memorabilia collectors, firearms, and antique enthusiasts. For gun enthusiasts, The Big Reno Show is a celebration of firearms western collectibles spanning the ages from antique to modern.
This Antique Firearms and Western Collectibles Show is the biggest and best shows of its kind with more than 1000 displays in almost 2 acres of exhibitor space. Beyond the guns – including everything from rifles and pistols to shotguns – vendors will be selling knives, antiques, books, Native American artifacts, clothing and accessories. Shooters can also get a great deal on bulk ammo.
Gun shows don’t get much bigger than The Big Show at Reno’s Grand Sierra Casino. This show is a perfect opportunity to get a bird’s-eye view on gun, ammo and magazine supply and pricing trends. For a gun aficionado, there is no better way to spend than cruising the acres of vendors.
- General: $10.00
- Children under 18: Free with Parent/Guardian.
- Admission is good for both days.
- Free Parking
The Mountain Aire’s Lodi Gun Expo will be held next on Feb 23rd–24th, 2019 with additional shows on Jun 1st–2nd, 2019, and Nov 23rd–24th, 2019 in Lodi, CA. This Lodi gun show is held at Lodi Grape Festival Groups and hosted by Mountain Aire Promotions. All federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.
Featuring over 50,000 sqft of new and used firearms, bulk ammunition, gear and accessories, unique gifts, live entertainment, kids activities, public safety displays and so much more.
CARBINE II — URBAN RIFLE in CLOSE QUARTER BATTLE
Sixteen-Hour Tactical Course
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
“A Place to Shoot”
33951 San Francisquito Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91390
Objective: To enhance students’ ability to operate their carbine/tactical rifle against threats at close to intermediate distances. Participants will learn new shooting and manipulation techniques and engage in challenging, self-defense training scenarios involving movement, negotiating terrain features, working with a partner, and fighting inside of structures.
Instructors: Police Sergeant Brian Fitzpatrick (Ret.) — California P.O.S.T. certified patrol rifle instructor — wrote the formal proposal resulting in his agency’s adoption of the AR-15 platform as their department’s patrol rifle. Brian subsequently served as an instructor during an agency wide transition to the Colt Commando M-4 carbine/patrol rifle. We guarantee low student/instructor ratios (4-to-1) to insure safety, quality training and individual attention.
Topics Covered Include:
- Firearms Safety Rules — on and off the range
- Rifle marksmanship fundamentals (review)
- Transitioning to handgun (review)
- Fighting with a rifle at close to intermediate distances
- Deploying your carbine from ready/storage conditions (vehicle, home, gun-safe)
- Fighting from cover drills incorporating various shooting positions
- Movement — turns to contact, shoot/reload on the move, tactical decision making
- Active movement while negotiating terrain features
- Intensive sling techniques
- Team movements within a tactical environment
- Basic room clearing techniques and simulated combat scenarios
- Prerequisite: Carbine l, an equivalent course, or current military/police rifle training
Ammunition: 500 rounds of rifle ammunition, 200 rounds of pistol ammunition
Tuition: $500.00. “A Place to Shoot” also charges a $15.00 daily fee per shooter at check-in station (cash or check only).
Children under 18: Free with a parent or guardian.
Admission is good for both days.
Children 12 and under free.
Saturday: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Sunday: 9:00AM to 3:00PM
Saturday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday 9:00 Am to 4:00 PM
Admission: $7.00 (Children under 12 free if accompanied by an adult).
Proceeds will go to a local shooting range project.
Instructor: Michael Dasargo https://intuitiveshooting.com/organizer/michael-dasargo-san-diego-ca/
This one day course will expose the student to all of the core principles and fundamentals of the Intuitive Defensive® Shooting Program. This course will cover the basics of:
- intuitive defensive shooting
- Combat Accuracy
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- an introduction to the understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident
- understanding the integration of lateral motion
- and additional concepts as time allows.
This Course will provide the student with an understanding of true Counter Ambush training with a defensive firearm, base level defensive shooting skills and a training methodology for continuing to develop those skills. This course is appropriate for novice to experienced shooters.
Students will fire between 500-600 rounds.
- Dress code: Closed toe shoes, no low cut shirts, pants.
- Gear: Handgun, holster, 500 rounds of ammunition, water, snacks, eye and ear protection.
- Pre-registration required!
What makes the Intuitive Defensive Shooting program unique is that it’s designed to help the shooter become more efficient at responding to surprising, threatening, and unpredictable circumstances that are indicative of defensive shooting. The Defensive Focus of this program makes it appropriate for any individual who is interested in training to defend self and family. The counter-ambush approach emphasizes the physiological effect and influence of stress, confusion, and psychology has over the efficacy of motor skill. Put simply, shooting is the easy part. What happens prior to pressing the trigger and what follows immediately after the last shot has the greatest impact on your chance to survive a lethal force circumstance.