The next training progression for shooters who have completed the basic
pistol class, our Intermediate Defensive Pistol course includes exercises and drills for
students preparing for or considering the California concealed carry certification.
Participants will learn to safely and efficiently operate from a holster, improve their
shooting accuracy and speed, learn new techniques, and develop a tactical mindset.
We guarantee low student/instructor ratios to insure safety and individual attention.
Topics Covered Include:
• The Cardinal Rules of Firearms Safety—their application on and off the range
• Review fundamentals of marksmanship and manipulation skills
• Live-fire practice
• Presentation from the holster (dry-fire and live-fire)
• Engaging targets from varying distances and multiple targets
• Concealed carry pre-qualification exercise
• Shooting from varying positions
• Introduction to shooting while moving (time allowing)
• Introduction to the use of cover
• Reloading (combat reload and tactical magazine exchange)
• Immediate action malfunction drill (failures to feed, fire, eject and extract)
• Fun practical combat shooting drills incorporating the above listed techniques
To Reserve your place in a class: